Saturday, November 22, 2008

Duck, Duck, Goose

Here is a sampling of some of the blocks that I have constructed so far....

I found that on the duck blocks that you really need to square up each triangle to have a completed block that looks good and symmetrical.

The pattern is called Duck, Duck, Goose. It has a few pieces to sew together per block, however, an intermediate can handle it with ease. If you are a beginner, have a more experienced quilter nearby.

I get to make another quilt for the store, using a pattern from one of my favorite designers, Kim Diehl. I love how she mixes her colors and patterns for a real show stopper. It is using her new line of fabric from Henry Glass and a few fillers.

5 comments:

cara lou said...

Oh wow, I really love that pattern!! Very pretty.

Kritta22 said...

I really like that pattern. Which one are you going to do out of the new book?
that's awesome that you get to make a quilt for a store!

marciea casselman said...

Wow, that is a gorgeous quilt. I really like it. I don't know that I am up to that kind of skill level however, so maybe when I have progressed a few thousand years!!!!!

Rindy said...

This looks like a quilt that you could use a lot of scraps on and I have loads of those thanks to my fabulous sources. Very cute!

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh one of my favorite books!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails