Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's time for the 6th Annual Family Quilt Retreat

I come from a family of 5 girls and 3 boys. Every year, I host a quilt retreat for my family. The retreat started out just being for my immediate family, but through the years, it has grown to accomodate aunties, cousins and sometimes a couple of friends. We really have a ball when we get together and learn a new block. This year's theme is 4 patch. Thus the vintage looking 4 patch hotpads I created. Each person in attendance will get a free copy of the download available on Crab Apple Hill's website. It is an embroidery pattern of vintage style fruits and vegetables. I am enclosing a square of fabric rolled up inside the pattern. Everyone gets to pick a project to make out of this. I chose the cherries to use some fabric from my recent trip to the Mid-West.

We are having a $10.00 quality gift exchange this year instead of a ton of drawings for gifts. I made this little sewing basket from an old Thimbleberries pattern in an old issue of Better Homes and Garden American Patchwork. It was really fun to make. It snaps shut at the base of the handles and inside, you can put your pins, needles, safety pins and even nestle a spool of thread.


I will follow up with more photos tomorrow when we have the retreat. Stay tuned.....

4 comments:

Kritta22 said...

Oh I can't wait for more picture! What a great idea to have a family retreat! LOVe it!

Nedra said...

Great idea for a family reunion. I can see why so many attend.

Sherri said...

Everything is so cute! Love the potholders and the bag!

XUE said...

I saw the newer post before I saw this - what a great idea & so amazing that so many of you are interested in this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails