Friday, July 24, 2009

What a great holiday---


Today, in Utah, we celebrate the 24th of July. It is the date the pioneers officially entered the Salt Lake Valley. We have parades and celebrations throughout the state. Tomorrow, my hometown where I grew up in Northern Utah is having their celebration. As part of the celebration, our quilt guild is having a quilt show. I will be taking pictures so none of you will feel left out. Because of the holiday, I had the day off work!! Yippeee!!! My dear husband said that he needed to take me to Preston, ID to the new little quilt store, Suppose. I love this little store. We are 1/2 hour away from the Idaho border and it is a beautiful drive up to Preston. I finished buying the fabric today for my Hocuspocusville quilt. I will be doing all solids for this quilt and maybe it will give an Amish feeling--we'll have to see how it turns out. Here are the fabrics that I will be using for the nine-patch, square in a square and borders. I am so excited to finish this little quilt. (the fat quarter that looks blue is actually lavender. Most of the colors are pretty true in the picture, but some are not!!)




This is a picture of the solids wall in the store, Suppose. Man, it is amazing and so fun to put different colors together.



They have a great assortment of books, floss and it fun to just browse.



The front of the store, Suppose. If you get a chance to shop here, I guarantee you won't be disappointed. They carry Heather Bailey, Julie Popa, Anna Maria Horner, Kaffe Fasset. They have a great section of 30's and civil war fabrics and a fun juvenile selection--they have something for everyone!!

5 comments:

Small House said...

How nice of your husband to OFFER to take you to the fabric store!! SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm certain you enjoyed every minute of it!
Sandra

marciea casselman said...

Huh. The store front totally reminds me of the days of driving to Preston with Dr. Poole and the gang; kind of old-timey.
I am glad that you have discovered a fun quilt store and that you are planning HocusPocus in such a fun way.

Kim Walus said...

Sounds like a fun day trip to the quilt store in Preston. I haven't ever been to Idaho. I've been through it once on the way to Oregon but that's it. I'd love to take a trip up there sometime.

Alissa said...

I told Friend about Curtis OFFERING to take you to a quilt store. I'll tell you what he said later, LOL. It wouldn't be appropriate here.

Nedra said...

My friend Bev is summering in Logan and she told me all about Suppose, also. Looks like a wonderful store! Thanks for the pics.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails