Saturday, June 19, 2010

My Boy is Home!!!


My boy arrived home from London safe and sound. He is his father's son after all, right down to the flat cap. Two years literally flew by--I just sent him off and he was home again.

Of course I had to take in Pine Needles on the Shop Hop enroute to the airport...one must do a little retail therapy now and again... The store was amazing!! I really like this birthday banner. I'll have to coordinate this with the other banner I'm in the process of making...

Darling quilts everywhere in the store...



Love the dresden plate. I'm doing a family quilt retreat this upcoming week and we are doing the dresden. It truly is a classic pattern...




Had to buy this patriotic Uncle Sam--love holiday stuff--love the yo yo beard...





More fun 4th of July...It makes my heart sing!!! I love this country and the freedoms we have!!!






I am amazed at the cute things people keep designing and I got a couple of these cute bib patterns for the sweet babies being born....







More adorable bibs...





More dresden...love the dresden!!


Fun day. What could be better than getting your son back and retail therapy??? Not much!!!

8 comments:

Nedra said...

Welcome home Elder!
I know you must be so happy for his safe return, and very proud of him for his service.

gardenpat said...

You're wrong though, Mary! Your grown-up son is back! It never fails to amaze us how confident and adult they are compared to when they leave!! We still have about 10 months for our youngest before he's home and from his e-mails, we are so amazed at his growth!!!

Jan Marie said...

You gotta love those returned missionaries. congratulations on his return.

marciea casselman said...

I am glad that Stanton returned home safe and sound. It is an amazing thing to have them come home and see how much they have changed...and how much the same they are.

Gari in AL said...

Thanks for taking us along on your trip through what looks like a great shop. I, too, love dresdens and really liked that last quilt: gives me an idea.

erin said...

yeah, thats so fun that your boy is back!! Ha he really does look like curtis! its crazy!! love ya hope your havin a grand ol time my dear:)

Chandler Family said...

Mary,
I really do follow your blog although I rarely comment. I'm glad that your son is home safe, time flies, I remember when he left. Cute stuff on here as always.

Anonymous said...

Mary! I didn't realize he had come home already! Oh my heavens! I'm sure you've just loved having him home! Congrats!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails