Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What do you collect?




I have a weakness--I love to collect. We have been making some improvements to our home, namely painting. I finally after 6 or 7 years, will have one color of paint instead of 3. I have had great indecisions about this whole paint thing. I love the colors that I picked out years ago, but we would start to paint and given the light in my home, and an open floor plan, the paint did not look good and was way too dark. We finally settled on a light yellow paint, which lightens and brightens up the whole house. I'm delighted with it and we can finally get back to one color that we like instead of 3 colors from indecisions. As a result, my blue glass collection had to come down off the cupboards and get its semiannual bath to remove dust and residue. I guess I come by collecting fabric naturally because I seem to collect so many other things.....

3 comments:

marciea casselman said...

I try not to collect anything but I do have a weakness for fabric. :)

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

Soft yellow paint and your beautiful blue glass pieces are going to be really pretty together!! As far as collections: fabric of course and real four leaf clovers that I find.....they are all pressed into books........why do you ask?? dunno?? When I find them I just feel like I should keep them. They're just one of God's funny little gifts.

Gari in AL said...

Oh, I understand collecting. Fabric is a given but glass is really special. My glass collection is hollow glass owls. I started with owl pitchers and now have all kinds of hollow glass owls. Love them and the pretty colors they reflect when the sun shine through them.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails