Saturday, March 26, 2011

Texas Braid...

Back in January, I taught a class in our quilt guild how to do the French Braid quilts.  I found this really fun
scrap quilt in Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book.  You can find it here. It is made up of 2" x 5" pieces of fabric and 2" pieces of fabric.  You use light and dark fabrics for the contrast.  A very fun technique and this quilt is entirely made from stash (most of it small pieces).
 
A close up of the quilting.  I had it quilted in feathers.

4 comments:

marciea casselman said...

Are you kidding me. That thing looks like it took forever. Which I am sure it did.
But, it is gorgeous and definitely a keeper.

Nedra said...

What a great scrap quilt. That Bonnie always has the best ideas.

Martha said...

Beautiful quilt!! Bonnie Hunter was here (Baton Rouge)a couple of months ago. Love her scrap quilts. I think this is my favorite quilt in the book.

Anne said...

Are the braids on the diagonal or is that just how it's photographed? It gorgeous!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails