Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Use it up...

This past week, I have been working on sewing 2" squares together.  I've been on Operation Use it Up--trying to use up all my scraps.  I will probably keep sewing scrap quilts together until this happens.  This  pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's Leaders and Enders book, called Happily Scrappily Irish.  I've decided that it is too long and I will shorten it a couple of rows.  Then I would like to do a pieced border to use up more fabric.  I'm thinking about just doing 4 patches around.  That would bump up the size to a queen.  If you have a better idea, please comment....

2 comments:

marciea casselman said...

Hey! I have an idea! Bring that thing over to me and I'll take it and get it quilted and put it on my bed! Love it!

Gari in AL said...

That's what I am also doing. I have a big bunch of 2" strips leftover from a quilt top I just finished so I am making 16 patch squares from them. Gonna get that 30s fabric out of here, no matter how many quilts I have to make with it. :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails