Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Liberated Patches of Sunshine...

 Ever since I saw the Sunny Day quilts in the making on various blogs, I knew I wanted to make one as well.  I also tried my hand at sewing some liberated blocks several months ago.  I really need to practice the technique more so I can get some good looking blocks, but in the meantime, I am sewing them for the center in my blocks...I should get the rythym of things by the time I hit 30 blocks...
 I got some wonderful bright solid fat quarters from Connecting Threads for a song on one of their sales...thought I would give them a try...the fat quarters have a real silk like feel to them and I think it will be really fun to utilize all the colors--there are 24 of them...
For six of the 30 blocks, I am embroidering little bluebirds and then will build the block around them for a touch of whimsy....I have the picture in my mind--let's see how it translates to the overall quilt...I'm thinking of calling the quilt patchy sunshine...you can find the pattern here.

5 comments:

marciea casselman said...

I particularly like the square with the spider in the corner.

Nedra said...

Has Joyce seen your wonderful idea? I know she would be proud!
I am in the process of binding my Sunny Days this week.

Barb said...

Those blocks are sooooo awesome...this is going to be one amazing quilt!!

rindy said...

These are so fun! It's so nice to have scraps in the limelight.

Sharleen said...

How fun is that? I love the little bluebirds.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails