Friday, July 1, 2011

Finally another post and a finish!!

 My cute co-worker got married in March...I asked her what she would like me to get her...She wanted me to sew something, so 3 1/2 months later, I found time and cute fabric to make her an apron and hotpads that she wanted me to make.  I used the Flouncy Little Apron pattern by Barbara Brandeburg.  Fun pattern, but it only allows 1/4" seams and on the pocket it only allowed 1/4" turn under.  When sewing apparel, I really prefer a larger seam allowance--after all, it is not a quilt.
 Close up shot of the little flouncy ruffle.  I used Sew Cherry which I LOVE AND ADORE...
For the hotpads, I sewed 1 1/2" strips into a checkerboard and then quilted and bound them.  WHEW...so glad to have another project finished up!!

3 comments:

marciea casselman said...

Mary. That is so adorable. Can I get married again so you can make me one?

Alissa said...

I loved those fabrics when we were at the store, and the finished project is even cuter than I imagined. She must be thrilled!

trish said...

Oh my goodness, that is the cutest apron!! What a lucky co-worker. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails