Sunday, July 31, 2011

Winter Wonderland...A Near Finish...

 Quilt top is all pieced and awaiting quilting...finally.  I had set several goals to have this quilt done earlier in the year, but just got busy with various other projects...Finally made myself sit down and get it done...
I had lots of reds and whites left over from this quilt.  I decided to try and use up most of the fabric and move on to the next project...I  cut the fabric in 10 1/2" squares and put borders on extra blocks and put this quilt back together.  Even had a piece big enough for binding...yahoo!!  I'm going to applique 2011 on one of the red blocks.  I just need to get that done and then call the quilter....

5 comments:

Sherri said...

Your winter wonderland quilt is just stunning....beautiful finish, Mary!

Nedra said...

I remember seeing you working on Winter Wonderland. The finish is beautiful! You should be so proud to show this one off.

marciea casselman said...

Those turned out nice. Maybe you can make yourself sit down and finish some of my projects...

Quilts And Pieces said...

Oh wonderful! I can't wait to get mine that far!

GailM. said...

Wonderful. I enjoyed working on my WW in the month of July. I'm working on the largest block now. It's going to take me a while because of some vacations etc. I did find I can stitch a bit while driving though... I'll be anxious to see how you quilt it. I was thinking of hand quilting mine, but not sure in what design... probably a cross hatch..

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails