Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New baby on the way...

 My niece, Amy, is having a little boy in the very near future.  This is her firstborn.  We have recently started "The Auntie Basket" in our family.  There are 5 girls in my family and we are the Aunties....For this basket for Amy, I made a diapee wipee holder.  These are fabulous little things to have.  Diapers, wipes, cream or lotion can fit inside to take for the change...You can find a tutorial here...
My favorite baby necessity are onesies...To whoever came up with this idea--bless you.  My second favorite baby necessity--the burpees.  I like to use the prefold diapers.  I prewash them because they shrink...then I add a binding to the serged edgings to give a more finished look.  Last but not least, the peepee teepees...I used leftover fabric from the 2 fat quarters that sewed the diapee wipee and bound the edges of the burpees and added some soft terry fabric for the inside for a matching set...Welcome Little One...

4 comments:

Alissa said...

Love it!

marciea casselman said...

That is such a cute gift. I went to Ross and bought onesies that are Nike brand for .99 cents each!! I'll see about adding anything else.

Terri said...

I would have loved to have a few Peepee Teepees when I had my sons... but alas, they had not been invented yet. What a great idea. (They are now 41 and 39- how does that happen? I'm actually younger now than when they were born. I keep getting younger, too. I should be a baby myself, any one of these days.)
Hugs!

Jenn said...

Darling baby gift Mary! Love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails