Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Antiquing...

 It's no secret I am a junkie for nostalgia and antiques...My sweet husband took me to the antique store yesterday on my lunch break!!!  Love this iron board and old iron...
 This lovely cross stitched quilt all hand quilted...
 This fun quilt with the Baptist Fan quilting and scrappy stars...
 How about this great antique wardrobe--Would love to put my clothes in it...
 but, I really fall hard for embroidered pillowcases and such...This pillow case is an orphan and came without a crocheted edge...Last night I went home and added an edge...All these beautiful pillowcases end up in antique stores because their makers were waiting for that special day or someone to use them for and that day or someone never happened...I've decided to rescue my favorites and use them and love them!!!
I have taken some close ups of the embroidery on this one...the areas were all filled in with french knots...this certainly is not for the faint of heart...
Check out the lilly pad--must have taken a long time to fill in that space--no wonder they ran out of steam when it came to the edge...
A close up of the edging...I used a 10 bedspread weight and a size 3 hook and did a single crochet foundation row and then the edging row...I think I really enjoy rescuing these beautiful linens...

3 comments:

marciea casselman said...

It looks so pretty. I really like the edging you did. And I can't believe all those french knots. What a job.
And I think it's funny that you can see Curtis in the mirror of the wardrobe...

Alissa said...

Very pretty!

Nedra said...

The close up of the crocheted edging especially caught my eye. Look how tiny and perfect the stitches are!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails