Sunday, August 12, 2012

Miniature Ups and Downs...

 I really love the movement in the Ups and Downs pattern by Sarah Fielke...when I ordered her pattern, the instructions were word only with the only picture on the outside of the pattern.  I am a visual quilter and need a few pictures along the way...so I tested the pattern out in miniature using my 2" squares and leftover browns that were used in backings...to my amazement, it is a split 9 patch block...really fun to sew up...
 I chose this yummy pink minky for the back and it makes for a comfy quilty baby quilt...
 I just randomly sewed the squares up and then laid them out and sewed together the quilt...
For being a tester, I fell in love with it.  Can't wait to do the bed size quilt...The background will be a kiwi solid with 3 1/2" squares all from my scrappy stash..Should be a fun quilt!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails