Monday, January 21, 2013

Scrappy Trip Around the World...

 Tibits left over from cutting 2 1/2" x 16" strips...I broke into my Kaffe stash because I wanted a very colorful quilt...boy am I getting it....
 Friday night we got together at My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe and a lot of us worked on this Scrappy Trip Around the World block.  The pattern can be found here.  It is a Bonnie Hunter pattern and the technique is really a fun one to do.  Since Friday night, I have made 20 blocks...well on my way to something bright and fun!!!
These are Kris's blocks from My Girlfriends Quilt Shoppe...Have to say I love this done out of any fabric.  There are tons of these quilts popping up all over blog land...for good reason...It is fun, cute and a quick sew!!

5 comments:

Nedra said...

I was tempted to add my Kaffes into my Scrappy Trip, but opted to use fabrics I no longer care for, and save his for something else. Now I might have to make a 2nd Scrappy with kaffe!

Janet O. said...

If I had read your post before replying to your comment on my post, I would have seen what fabrics you had chosen. Very pretty and fun, Mary. It was a good time!

carol fun said...

I love your Kaffe blocks! I'm doing the Scrappy Trip blocks in brights and novelty fabrics on my blog, but I may have to do second version with the Kaffe fabrics -- so pretty.

John'aLee said...

What a fun trip!

marciea casselman said...

That quilt is fantastic. I love it so much.
Also, thanks for the suggestion to do some color in my Swoon quilt for Eva. I picked some super bright colors. Hope they don't keep her awake at night.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails